Katy Lin, who started My Husband Rocks! Fridays, has given us a questionnaire to answer about our husbands. I'm a sucker for those things! Check her out here to see why she started My Husband Rocks! Now, on to the questions:
1. Where did you meet? We met one weekend at the church we both go to now. I was in college and my best friend led the youth drama group at the church. I went with her to one rehearsal and met him there. I thought he was the cutest. Yes, I said youth. He's a little over two and a half years younger than I am. But we didn't start dating until I was out of college.
2. How long did you date before you were married? One year, four weeks exactly. Our first date was on March 11, 1994, and we got married April 8, 1995.
3. What does he do that surprises you? Little things, like after our Women's Ministry Christmas Party, he knew I would be worn out. He had cleaned the entire front of the house and had bought a bouquet of flowers for me. I walked in so very happily surprised!
4. What is your favorite quality of his? I love how deeply he thinks. He loves "getting" a movie. When there is a lesson to be learned, he loves to delve into it. He also has written poetry which allows him to vent stuff he can't necessarily talk to me about. I feel very shallow sometimes in light of his depth.
5. What is your favorite feature of his? His beautiful green eyes. I love buying him green shirts because they bring out the green of his eyes.
6. Does he have a nickname for you? Yes, but I'll leave that one alone for now. : )
7. What is his favorite food? Hmmm...he loves most of what I cook. I think his favorite meal has been Cajun pork chops with spinach apple salad. He also likes Mexican. Right now he'd probably say anything made with deer meat. Oh, and he LOVES Taco Ring.
8. What is his favorite sport? Football. Most definitely. But he also likes watching Memphis Tiger Basketball.
9. When and where was your first kiss? On my couch (with all four feet planted firmly on the floor, thankyouverymuch) in my apartment I shared with my two roommates. It was on our...hmmm, let me think....third date? Maybe? Definitely not our first. Nor our second.
10. What do you like to do together? EVERYTHING! We just enjoy being with each other. He still makes me laugh. We haven't had much time to spend just the two of us lately...we'll have to plan for that this year!
11. Do you have any children? Yes, one Kiddo. He's nine, going on thirty.
12. Does he have a hidden talent? He can sing, but he thinks I think he can't. Goober.
13. Who said "I love you" first? He did.
14. What is his favorite type of music? He likes all kinds, but his favorite is Christian. Within that genre, I'd have to say his favorite artists are groups that aren't mainstream, like Monk and Neagle. They aren't even together anymore, but he likes their sound. Groups out of the norm, he likes. David Crowder...definitely not norm. : )
15. What do you admire most about him? His integrity. He won't even pick up a dime from the sidewalk because it's not his. He does what is right, even if it costs him. He lost a job once because he didn't feel like what they were asking him to do was ethical. He asked to be transferred to a different area of the company, but they said there was nothing else available. So he took a job loss for his convictions. It scared me at the time, but I also knew that God would take care of us because he had done what honored Him.
16. Do you think he will read this? I know he will.