Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Angry


Proverbs 15:1
A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control.

Ephesians 4:25-27 "In your anger do not sin": Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.

Colossians 3:8
But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips.

James 1:19-20
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.


Lord Jesus...You gave these commands...You will also give me the strength I need to let my anger go. I know that unforgiveness hurts no one but myself. Help me be part of the solution, not an addition to the problem.



7 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Oooh, I understand....sometimes that's SO HARD to do. I pray you will find peace. Hang in there!

Suzanne

southerninspiration said...

Good for you for claiming Scripture to be obedient!
S

CarlynB said...

Sister,

One of the prayers in a prayer book I have has this line:

"In unforeseen events, let me not forget that all are sent by You."

God is in control, no matter what happens.

Love you,

Sister

Darlene said...

I hope all is well and you can let any anger you have let go.♥

Richella Parham said...

Wonderful words of wisdom, Heather. Wonderful. And needed so badly by all of us. Anger can eat our guts out, can't it?

May Jesus grant you the strength you need. He will! I know He will!

Megandvd@Beauty in the Attempt said...

Anger is a brutal force....just know you are stronger than it. I don't just believe that --- I KNOW IT.

Cheers~
e

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Heather, I know how difficult it is to let go of anger. I also know that you have turned to the right place for help. Saying a prayer for you (and for me) to let go of anger. (Beautiful photograph). laurie