Friday, March 4, 2011

Beautiful Jesus

MomsToolbox


I love the Bible. It's God's message to us, His children, after all. But now that I've read over half of it, I'm ready for some Jesus! As I read through Isaiah and came to chapter 53, it reminded me how beautiful my Savior is. The passage talks about His suffering, not how beautiful He is...but His suffering was for me.


But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace
was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.


The Sunday before I read that the Praise Team had practiced "Beautiful Jesus" for the next week. As I read that chapter, that song kept running through my head. I wrote "Beautiful Jesus" out beside it in the margin.

Here is the song with the lyrics in the video. Take just a minute and listen to it...the lyrics are so beautiful!




The more I read the Old Testament and read between the lines about their (and our!) need for a Savior, I now realize just how beautiful Jesus really is to and for His people.



5 comments:

Trixi said...

I love that you are doing this. I really would like to. I need to sit down and figure out a schedule for me to read through in 90 days.
I love that song!

Tracey said...

That is a favorite of mine! And, you know I'm a crier, and that one usually gets me.

Tee said...

Heather, I'm so glad you wrote this. I'm also reading thru the Bible, but not on the 90-day schedule (I'm doing the 1 year with Wendy Pope.) I've been feeling a little...well, I don't even know how to describe it except I just can't wait 'til we get to Jesus. But that's not until September!

Sam said...

He is, isn't He? We are so Blessed!

TK said...

I am so proud of you for doing this, I have been really struggling with keeping my devotions relevant this year - lovely post! TK xx