Sunday, August 9, 2009

What do you do when you don't have birthday candles?

My sweet secret guest blogger, Sound Man, baked me a delicious cake for my birthday, which seems like it was a month ago, not just a week. He asked me what flavor I wanted, and I decided in a strange fit of weirdness that I wanted carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. NOT normal for me. When Momma made me cake, I usually asked for yellow cake with homemade fudge frosting. Momma would make a sheet cake, poke holes in it, and pour the warm fudge frosting over it, soaking it into the cake's holes and covering the rest of the cake. Why I didn't ask him for the same thing, I don't know. But I'm glad for the departure.


Mmmmm...I can still smell the cream cheese frosting. But...something's missing. Can you tell what it is? Well, not that I wanted any, but we didn't have birthday candles. So, what do you do when you don't have birthday candles?

Well, you do what any self-respecting husband would do! You use a Yankee Candle! I giggled hard when I came to the table and saw this at my place...

Then my family sang "Happy Birthday" to me, and I blew out my candle.

Wanna know what scent the candle was?


Buttercream. Not kidding. We were fresh out of Cream Cheese.



3 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Awww, what a sweet gesture on the Sound Man's part.......carrot cake is one of our favs!!!

Suzanne

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Way to go to resolve that issue! The cake looks good - carrot cake was always a favorite of mine {until I went gluten free last year}.

Dawn said...

haha! how cute! and you gotta love yankee candle :)