I have lots of pics to download and share about the last few days (Sound Man's 5k, the CD concert, etc, etc.), but I wanted to do a quick post because Missy from Southern Queen Bee awarded me the "Honest Scrap" award! As with other awards, here are the rules:
1.) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award. ~ Thanks, Missy!
2.) Share "10 Honest Things" about myself.
3.) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4.) Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving.
Okay, ten things...let's see...
- I wanted to be a veterinarian when I was a little girl. Then I realized I'd have to see blood and stuff. Changed my mind really quick.
- My husband and I had been dating six weeks when he asked me to marry him the first time. I turned him down.
- My dream vacation is actually a combination of vacations. Driving to the mountains, enjoying them for a few days, then heading down to Disney to have some fun, then over to the beach to relax for a looooong time.
- I eat weird things. Not gross things, just weird things.
- When I was little, all of my stuffed animals were named Mary. Even the stuffed clown. Which, surprisingly, didn't creep me out.
- I dream about what my dream house would look like to help me go to sleep at night.
- I wish Sound Man and I could spend more time together. We don't go on enough dates to suit either of us.
- It sometimes disappoints me that I never had a little sister for Kiddo. And I'm thinking that by now, if it ain't happened, it ain't gonna happen.
- Making tassels is one of the joys of my life!
- And since I'm being honest, let me say lastly that I wish my home was as pretty as some of yours. I have parts of my home that I'm very proud of, but there are others that make me cringe when I look at them. Like my kitchen. And my front porch. And my master half bath. But, instead of becoming jealous, I want your blogs to inspire me to do more for my home, to make it the haven God would have it to be. Keep inspiring, ladies, keep inspiring!
- My BFF, Kat at Reflections. How could I not award her with an award about encouragement?
- Darlene at Darlene's Days. She always has the sweetest posts about her family, and she always leaves me the sweetest comments.
- Katy Lin at The Great Adventure. She and her husband, Austin, are starting a ministry that just blesses my heart!
- Richella at Imparting Grace. She has already written a heart felt honest post that I hope you'll read.
- Kari & Kijsa at, well, Kari & Kijsa! Not only do they have a beautiful blog, they can also write beautifully, too!
- Katie at Intentionally Katie. She is about as honest and transparent a blogger as I've ever read. Not to mention she's a cute preggo.
- And finally, Teri Lynne at Pleasing To You. This girl is chock full of encouragement. She never ceases to put a smile on my face. And I bet if you go to her 100th Post, she'll give you something sweet. I laughed. I cried. It moved me. No, seriously.
So, there you have it. My Honest Scrap. I giggle every time I read that. Say it fast and see if you don't, too! Thanks again, Missy!