Wednesday, May 5, 2010

God's Provision

So, you know I've been quite inconsistent with my blogging lately. I've had a little bit going on. I know that a gajillion people have wrecks every day much worse than mine. But it just takes over every aspect of your life, so you focus on IT. That's what I've been doing. Worrying over how much we were going to get from the insurance, wondering what we were going to do about a car, praying way too little about it. Whining way too much about it.

My sweet friend, Jennifer, and her husband, Mark, allowed us to borrow their other van since they bought a new one and didn't need it until they sold it. That was a worry off our shoulders.

But we still needed to find a vehicle. I mean, we couldn't borrow their car forever! Sound Man scoured places like eBay, Craig's List, and places like that, but nothing worth following up came to him. I knew we didn't want to go to a dealership, since anything they had in our price range was most likely to be a clunker. Our best hope was to find an elderly person who wasn't driving anymore and who had put very little miles on their 14 year old car and wanted to sell it. Yeah, right.

But that's exactly what we found. A friend of ours has a grandmother who is not able to drive anymore. She had a '96 Dodge Stratus with 77000 miles on it. Whoa. We just knew it was the answer to our prayers.

Then she changed her mind about selling it. Trusting God again.

Then she changed her mind back. This HAD to be God's will! We test drove it, loved it, wanted it right then. Only it had a mechanical glitch that needed to be looked at. So we had to wait.

Then, on Friday, my friend Jennifer texted me. "I need to come see you!" I was out and wasn't sure when I'd be back, but she insisted we meet that day. So, that afternoon, she and the kids came over.

What she had to say is the most amazing thing anyone has ever said to me.

But this post is getting long, so you'll have to wait to see what she said until tomorrow.

I am sooooo mean!



5 comments:

CarlynB said...

Sister, I am so tempted to post a spoiler in my comment - but I'm not going to do that. 'Cause I'm not mean! :)

Love you,

Sister
PS Go sit outside!

Alee said...

I cannot wait to hear what she said! I'll be watching closely for your next post.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

You are! I want to know!!

Manuela

Tee said...

If it's half as good as what I think and hope she said, that's worth waiting for.

Richella Parham said...

Heather. Come on! Tell us the rest! Comeoncomeoncomeon!! Please?!?