Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Butterfly Genes Wants to Go to the Dogs!

Just kidding. First, I want to show you a couple of new tassels on Etsy. Then I want to show you something and get your opinion.



The Cute Little Bird Tassels are my current favorites listed on Etsy, but I also have an Ole Miss Tassel if you're into that. Like, if you're into Ole Miss. Which I'm not particularly. Okay, I'm not wholeheartedly. But I know that, living in North Mississippi just north of Oxford, there are a lot of people who ARE into Ole Miss. So, I indulge them. And they indulge me by making me think they like my stuff.

What I need your opinion on is this: how do I market Dog Tassels? Here's what I've got. I made a Golden Retriever Tassel...

originally to sell on Etsy, but like it so much I'm keeping it. I mean, LOOK at it!

My favorite colors in the world. My favorite dog breed in the world. A likeness of our much loved pup. What's not to love?


So, instead of selling him, I want to make others. But I want to make them custom for people who actually have the dog breeds that I want to make. Did that make any sense whatsoever? Probably not. I never do.

I have about a dozen breeds, including, but not limited to (I've always wanted to say that), Golden Retriever, Basset Hound, Labrador Retriever (black and yellow), Chihuahua, Yorkshire Terrier, Bichon Frise, Papillon, German Shepherd, Poodle, Dalmation, Cocker Spaniel, Shar-pei, Pug, and Dachshund. I'm always on the lookout for more, too. Here's a great shop with as many dog breeds as you can imagine.

If I had had something like this when the Shelties were young, I would have loved it. I have what Sound Man calls our "Sheltie Shrine," where I have pictures of Windi and Shadow, as well as a little pewter figurine and a pretty Sandicast sculpture Kat gave me for my birthday, or Christmas...I can't remember. I've had a few Diet Cokes since then. I even made a cross-stitch of a Sheltie (and returned the favor to Kat and gave her a cross-stitched Corgi).

So anyway, what do you think? How can I let people know these are available?



7 comments:

Tee said...

So cute, Heather! How about maybe donating one to the animal shelter for them to display in their office or something?

Megandvd@Beauty in the Attempt said...

I think they are beyond cute. That litte bird is oh so precious!

Cheers~
e

Bonnie said...

I think it's a marvelous idea!! One thing you can count on, people adore their dogs (and cats). Should make some people gravitate right for them.

Shannon said...

As always, SO cute!

Nancy said...

That is cute. What do you do with these tassels? We used to have a store and we learned that to cat lovers cat items are generic but to dog people they only like their favorite breed.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Why, why are you tempting me! LOL I would LOVE a Golden Retriever one. I've been looking for a GR one for some time now. I'm going to email you.

Manuela

Nancy said...

Thanks for your reply. I did visit your etsy shop. I had no idea about tassels - so many styles.
Nancy