Saturday, July 10, 2010

I Love Clouds

For the past few weeks, we have not had a lot of rain in our area. That could be said for a lot of the country (except Texas and Oklahoma, of course!). But even though we haven't had a lot of rain, we have had some massive cloud formations. Which has been fine by me.

Ever since I was little I have loved finding shapes in the clouds. I don't do it as often now, but that doesn't mean my love for clouds has diminished. Now I just love looking at clouds for their simple beauty. I can think of little else that is as beautiful as a billowing pink, yellow, and white cloud electrified with lightning strikes within it.

Even though I don't have a picture of that particular occurrence, I do have a few that I thought were pretty spectacular.



Now THIS is a cloud! This is also the kind I was talking about having lightening in it. This particular one did not (thankfully...since we were at the ball field).



One of my favorite combinations in the world is sun + clouds. Can you see why?

I think sunrise and sunset just wouldn't be the same without clouds enhancing the beauty...

This shot is a little blurry, but it's probably because I was a little blurry...this was sunrise. As sleepy as I was, I knew I'd be sorry if I let those beautiful clouds get away without a picture of them. They look like they're on fire!



This sunset picture was taken after a huge, HUGE storm had cleared out. As scary as that day had been, just looking at those clouds on the horizon reflected in the pond gave peace to the ones gazing at them.

So...what do you love to look at? Rainbows? Birds? Clearance aisles? I'd love to see your pics!



4 comments:

Richella Parham said...

I love your cloud photos! I especially like the sun + clouds one--I always think of shots like that as "How Great Thou Art" photos.

As for me, it's trees. Trees, trees, trees. It's an obsession. I need to take some photos, I guess.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Wow the sunrise and sunset photos are just stunning!

Our shower curtains do look alike! I didn't see a toile one at Target last year (I would have bought it). I just think it's funny that my ticking curtain matches the ticking in the shower curtain 10 years later!

Manuela

Nancy said...

These photos are fantastic! I, too, love those huge clouds. Makes you wish you could float and bounce in it.

Kimberly Rae said...

when I was little and I'd see the sun thru the clouds and it seems liked beams coming out of the clouds... I used to think those were the paths God walked down to bring those who passed away up to Heaven... and... its stuck with me all these years, I still smile when I see the 'beams' coming thru like that...