Monday, February 21, 2011

Oh, How Thankful!

Over the past six months, we've had a lot to worry about. So much has happened that we have hurt over, that we have lost, that has been taken from us.

But even in all of that, there have been things to be thankful for. I started my list last week, and have much to add to it. Even on nights my mind won't stop long enough for me to sleep, I am still thankful for things. Sometimes it takes me sitting down and actually working my brain to think of them, but when I do, my mood is instantly changed.

So...to continue...

11. Getting to eat lunch with my best friend and her kiddos.

12. Haircuts for both my guys...they were getting a bit shaggy...okay, a lot shaggy. : )

13. Warm enough days to open the windows and fill the house with the smells of spring...if only for a couple of days.

14. A church that has a vision to reach our entire county for Christ.

15. Frozen fruit.

16. Doggy kisses.

17. Food in the pantry...organized and everything. : )

18. Ceiling fans.

19. A husband who knows that one way to bless his wife is to take over kitchen duty every once in a while.

And

20. Through many hours of sweat and grease and friends who volunteer their time and expertise, a truck that is fixed after being off the road for a month (and therefore leaving me without wheels on a regular basis).

Yes, for these I am thankful. : )





2 comments:

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

I'm a new-ish follower and just left you an award on my blog! Enjoy your blog:)

Kat said...

You like me. You really like me :)