Saturday, February 5, 2011

In need of advice...

I've been wanting to spruce up the place (meaning my blog) for a few months, and I've just now had the energy (or some semblance thereof) to get to it. But, it's far from finished.

I asked my husband to make a new banner for me, and I love it. We're still tweaking it, so it's not completely finished. Hence the disclaimer right underneath it. I'm also trying to figure out how to widen my columns. I might even be inclined to go back to two columns if I can find the right template. There's so much stuff I need to get rid of at the moment. I want to go back to a simple look, and I've already taken off my Facebook thingie. I might put it back on later, but for now, it's out. I'm seriously considering taking the Twitter thing off, too, but I haven't quite made my mind up about that.

I'm just bit tired of the visual mess on my blog. Don't get me wrong, I love the blogs (and more importantly, the people behind them) that I have buttons for, but they might just be more clutter I need to get rid of.

Now, here's where I need your advice. Do you think taking buttons off will improve the look of the blog? What else could I take off that will clean it up? I would love your advice!

I will be posting more in the future, once I get settled in my new digs (or spruced up digs, anyway). I have one post that has been mulling in my head for quite a while. I hope to get to that next week. In the meantime, I'm having a blast reading the Bible in 90 days. More posts to come on that soon. A lot of posts, if my notes have anything to say about it.

Oh, and I got this book this week. Chapter one already has tear-stains on it. Sigh...she always makes me cry; in a good way...most of the time. : )

And because I can't stand to have a post without a picture on it, here's something I've been working on...


That's something else I've been doing. 'Cause my poor Etsy has seen better days. More tassels (and pics!) to come.



6 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

The new banner looks great, Heather! The hubster did a good job! : ) I made some pages on my blog and I put my bloggy friends buttons on a separate page. You could always do that, but I don't think you are looking cluttered. I think the only thing I have for Twitter is the link to it at the bottom of my blog, which you could also try for those things you want to keep off the sides.

Anonymous said...

Hobs did a great job on your banner!! I don't have a clue how to get a fancy shmancy bloggy page, so you're already light years ahead of me. As for the look, for me and my easily distracted self, the more simple, the better. I like a more streamline look. I am here to read what you have to say. :) Can't wait to see what else you do with your bloggy.

Kat said...

I'd take of twitter before I took off the buttons. That's my two cents :)

CarlynB said...

Sister,

I like the banner. Do whatever else you want - it's your blog. I'll read it always, because I love you.

Sister

Tiffany said...

Your new banner looks GREAT!

I took buttons off my page to help condense things and make them easier to find. You could always create a post with your favorite links and put that on the sidebar. BUT, if you like the buttons, keep the buttons. Regardless, your words are what is most important and they're right there in the middle. :)

Dawn said...

i love songbirdtiff's advice! so much that i forgot what i was going to say... helpful, huh?