Saturday, September 24, 2011

Dolphin Tale - GO SEE IT!

A few weeks ago I told you about a new movie that premiered yesterday...Dolphin Tale. Kiddo and I went to see it; I have to say it was the most heartwarming movie I've seen in a long, long, LONG time.
I'm not kidding when I say, "I laughed, I cried, it moved me!" It really did. It's not just the story of Winter the Dolphin...it's also the story of how she helped one boy find his passion in life. I don't know if there is a real Sawyer, but I do know from scenes at the end of the movie that Winter has helped real people with prosthetic limbs and other disabilities.

Go see this movie. Support it. Not one curse word in it (well, my son told me there was one at the beginning of a song, but I missed it. He's usually pretty good at picking up on that, though) and of course no scenes I would have been embarrassed to see with my 11 year old son. I want it to do well, just like I want Courageous to do well next week to tell Hollywood that conservatives DO have wallets and spend their money on GOOD movies.

Now, from an 11 year-old's perspective, I'll tell you what Kiddo said about this movie.

"That movie ROCKED!"

"That was the best movie I've seen in a LONG time!"

"We are BUYING that movie when it comes out on DVD!"

(All this while walking from the theater to the car. I think he liked it. You will, too.)

No comments: