Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tassel Tuesday - New Fall Tassels!

Edited 9/7/11 - Autumn Pumpkin Tassel SOLD! Wow! That was FAST! Don't worry, more pumpkins are being loaded daily!

I am SO excited for today's Tassel Tuesday! I haven't added many new tassels to the Etsy shop in a while, but now that fall is here I'll be loading a new one every day! Not only have I been working on the Keychain Tassels (if you'd like one in a different color, I will be happy to oblige!), but I've been working on new fall tassels as well. I can't wait to get all of them loaded into the shop. I'll add one a day until they're all in, and I'll be highlighting a new one each week.

If you'd like a custom fall (or any kind!) tassel, please let me know. I have a gajillion pumpkins of several shapes and colors, a blackbird (like this one), and finials that can be colored any way you'd like.

Now, onto the first fall tassel!
This little Autumn Pumpkin Tassel started life as another tassel. One that I hated. From the moment I finished it I hated it. But I was too afraid to do anything about it. Had I listened to my tassel mentor, The Nester, I would have known it was okay to tear it up and redo it. Hot glue is amazing stuff but it's not as permanent as my mind thinks it is.

So, because I had nothing to lose (it sure wasn't selling in Etsy and everytime I looked at it I cringed), I to' it up. Down to nothing but the pumpkin and the multicolored fringe, which I DID and DO love. I knew I could make something prettier than what it had been.
And I was right! Now when I look at this, it makes me smile. Oh, so pretty, and oh, so fall.

How appropriate that the temps plummeted yesterday and won't recover to the high 80's until next week. Last night we had our window open for the first time in months! I think it's the perfect time to get these sweet autumn tassels in to celebrate!
Remember, if you're a returning customer, you do not pay shipping!

If you have any questions about this or any other tassel, please email me at the above address. I'd love to work with you!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Love this one! I love fall colors and the pumpkin is adorable!

Made In The South said...

Very Cute!