Monday, September 29, 2008

People I love: My Sweet Husband

You have heard me gush and gush on my weekly My Husband Rocks! posts about my precious husband, but as I've started thinking about the things I love, I have to say that I will probably not ever come to the end of why I love my husband.

He is my hero. I told him that last night and he just smiled sheepishly. I don't think he thinks he deserves that title, but I know better. He spent the entire weekend either planning how to fix my van, calling places to find the part to fix my van, going to the pull-apart place to retrieve the part to fix my van, or working with his friend, Terry, actually fixing my van. He was not through until 8 o'clock last night, coming home exhausted and covered with grease. Sitting here thinking about how much he did for me just this weekend makes me cry. He loves me so much and is willing to do everything in his power to make me happy, but more importantly, safe.

I don't say all of this in order for y'all to comment and tell me how wonderful a man I have. While I won't tell you not to, that's not my intent. Nor do I say all of this to make any of you whose husbands are less than perfect (you know what I mean) feel like I'm saying that your man doesn't measure up. All I'm doing in these posts is honoring my husband. We have times when we want to smack each other, just like other married couples do. I know living with me is HARD. There are some days that I just want him to come home and take our Kiddo somewhere safely away from ME. I don't want either of them to be around me when I get in the flesh-filled (as opposed to Spirit-filled), hormonal, emotional self that I can get into.

He is raising our son to be a man of God, one who honors his commitments, his wife, and his God. He makes mistakes, just like we all do, but he owns up to them and lets our Kiddo know when he is wrong. Sometimes I wish he'd admit it to me more often....; ) Just kidding.

Is my man perfect? By God's standards, no (that's where grace comes in). But he IS perfect for me. I can't imagine life without him, and I'm so glad my loving Father blessed me with this man.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of your hubby man. I love that your man came home all greasy. My man does too, but, then again he is a mechanic by trade.

It's great that you married someone that is so perfect for you. And, I so get it about not being easy to live with. I'm a bear to live with sometimes, but he's always there when I wake up in the mornings.

-- Brandi

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I am with you just the same. My husband is wonderful. When I think about how impossible I can be at times, he never fails to encourage me. God knew exactly the husband I would need and gave him to me. He does does so many things like you were talking about you husband does, and I know I am blessed. He is one of the biggest blessings God has given me, and I know you must feel the same. Have a wonderful day. Jackie

Debbie said...

Why am I tearing up? He's not even my husband! I think I am because I can completely and totally understand where you are coming from. You have the husband the Lord wanted for you...and He shows you everyday why HE wanted this man for you. I know because I have the same type of husband. He isn't perfect, but he is perfect for me. You are blessed...and I am sure your husband is as well!

Shannon said...

He sounds pretty great! I love my hubby too! :)

Jen said...

Thanks for visiting Canada yesturday. I'm glad you had fun.
May the rest of your lives be filled with the a continueing abundance of love.

Sarah Mae said...

You are a wonderful wife! Your man is able to enjoy you and even bask in your praise. You focus on the good, the positive, and not the negative. I pray for more wives to be like you. :)

Trixi said...

You do have a good man and he has a good wife!!! There are not many of us that honor and respect these great men anymore. Thank you for being a light.

Unknown said...

I'm with you on the husband thing...I love mine so much and thank the Lord for him OFTEN.
Thanks so much for stopping in at my blog through BATW...it was nice to have so many new people stop in for a visit.Come again.

Joyfulsister said...

Aloha Heathalee,

Thank you so much for being part of my BATW Hawaiian style tour, it was so much fun putting it togther. AS I read your post about your husband I can't tell you how refreshing it is to see women sharing beauitful, uplifting, and encouraging words about their dear Hubby's *smile*. I have so much and respect for mine and have always been taught by the Lord to be my husbands helper, working side by side with him , encouraging him and praying for and to speak his name with pride, respect, and love. and in return he touches my hubby to do the same. Therefore being in one accord in spirit, and in our relationship with the spirit of God, who is the head of our household. Thank you for this refreshing post.

Aloha Hugz Lorie

Unknown said...

I just fund your blog and I find it so nice here. Such a nice post about your husband, lovely.

I also like your post about Mississippi, I also adore Mississippi. As an exchange student in 1992 I came first to Southaven and then moved to Hernando. I fell in love in most intense and beautiful fall I ever had. I love the people there, easy living, simply everything. I had the chance to travel a lot through U.S.A. and I honestly would choose Mississippi to live in. I am so happy that I found someone form "my American homeland" :D

Suzy

maryanne420 said...

what a beautiful tribute to your husband! it's so encouraging and refreshing to see a woman of God honor her husband.