Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Husband Rocks! (A little early)


I have been such a slacker. Almost a week since I've posted. I have lots of excuses reasons. Not the least of which is getting facebook a backache like I've never had before. But I had to jump on here and do an early My husband rocks! Katy Lin and the rest of the "My Husband Rocks!" crew will more than likely do theirs tomorrow, the normal day for our shout out about our husbands, but since it is Halloween I wanted to share something a little spooky with you. Well, not really, but you'll probably think so.

Anyway, today my husband rocks because with my back being out (not to mention the sinus infection I had last week) he has totally become blind to so many things around the house, not the least of which is my appearance. Okay, so I have been able to put make up on for a few days, but if I didn't have any place to be, no way was I going to stand in front of a mirror to slap makeup on when my back was hurting.

And he also has turned a blind eye to the state of our household. The kitchen, bathroom, living room, and our bedroom have become what looks like war zones and the neat freaks lost. I keep telling him over and over "Honey, I'm so, so, SO sorry the house looks like this!" and he just says to me in his soothing voice, "It's okay, baby, I'll help you with it tonight."

He also rocks because he is just so sweet to me. I got some really bad news Tuesday night. He was the one to tell me, and I just crumpled in his arms, weeping on his chest like I haven't done in a long time. I'm crying as I type this not only because of the news, but because he just was so precious to me. He knows exactly what I need in times like that. He just let me cry my eyes out until I was finished, made sure Kiddo didn't hear me, and made sure we had plenty of toilet paper on the table (we were out of Kleenex, wouldn't you know?).

I love him so much and as we were about to fall asleep last night with my mind still whirling and my back hurting I looked in his gorgeous green eyes and thought, "Why was I blessed with such a man?"

I truly thank my Father in heaven that He has given me this blessing I call my husband.

4 comments:

Darlene said...

Awwwww he is such a sweetie and you are so very blessed to have him!

Anonymous said...

Facebook??

I'm am so glad that you have an awesome amazing husband to hold you when you need to be held. Actually, I'm about to go cuddle with my man. Have a great Halloween!!

-- Brandi

The Beauty Bargainista said...

Thats so awesome! You truly are blessed!!
Im so sorry that you got some bad news. I will be praying for you, and your back!!

Amy Kay said...

Your husband sounds awesome. I saw your comment on the BATW spotlight, and thought I would come and say hello. I have 3 sons in love with video games too, so I feel your pain about hearing about it constantly.
Happy Halloween.
Hugs from Georgia, Amy ;)