Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My New Favorite

If you've read my blog for long, you know I love music. I have my old standbys like Chris Tomlin and Kari Jobe for worship, but just for listening to chill or exercise with, I have found a brand new artist. Her name is Francesca Battistelli and she totally rocks. Not like heavy metal, but in the slang sense of the word. Sound Man knew I loved her single that's out now, "Free To Be Me," so he looked her up on iTunes. He loved her sound as much as I did, so he bought the whole kit-and-kaboodle (meaning he downloaded the entire album). Here's just a sample of the songs she has...I realize you may not have time to listen to all of them, but take a second and listen to a bit of each of them. They are not all my favorites but the Playlist didn't have my favorites. If I find them I'll add them, but this gives a good sample of her stuff.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones



How refreshing to hear a good, full, ALTO voice for once. She has a great range, but she is most definitely an alto, praise God. Her songs go from funky and fun in "Blue Sky" to haunting and soul-stirring in "Beautiful, Beautiful." I hope you check her out. She is worth a listen!


8 comments:

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

I am off to check her out. I need a few good "alto" songs for my repertoire as well, and always love to find someone new. Thanks. :)

Unknown said...

Nice voice. I love your snow photos but I am waiting for some great photos of Mississippi magnolias ;)

Sending smiles. Suzy

Tiffany said...

I'll have to come back a little later and check her out. Thanks for the heads up!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

In response to the Dr. Pepper - you're right, they are rotating the coupons. Bummer. If you want it, I have added the direct link in form of a little button in the post. It brings you to tons of other coupons that I didn't realize were there. It requires you to sign up but then they email you with lots of other coupons. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie! Dont you go and worry thinking Im going somwhere. I just had to make a few changes and take my life back. It may be to some of yalls advantage though....hehe. Surprise...surprise~ Love ya girl!

Anonymous said...

I love Francesca. Scott actually was able to play an event with her. Meaning he played hours before she got on stage. He really liked her sound so he got the cd. He's old school, he only will buy a cd. No downloads for him.

My kids even know the words to some of her songs. You should check our Addison Road, too. You may like them.

"Intentionally Katie" said...

I've heard her on Klove and also really like her songs. I got a couple rips in my jeans, too!

I wish I could sing...

Kat said...

I got a couple of dents in my fender. I wish I could sing, too...