Wednesday, October 19, 2011

31 Days of Worship - Changing the World


I am so happy that Emily will be at Relevant this year. I can't wait to hear her speak. She's just released a book, Grace for the Good Girl, and I can't wait to read it. I can't wait for a lot of things, it seems. (Just a note, if you click the link and purchase the book, I get a small percentage of the sale. There you go. Full disclosure.)

But one thing I don't have to wait for is reading her post on worship. Emily writes at chatting at the sky, and is in the middle of her own "31 days to change the world" series. She was gracious enough to allow me to share her post. Here you go...

When the idea of changing the world makes you feel small, don't confuse your smallness with insignificance. You exist because God does. Dare to notice every lifting of your hand, every closing of your eye, every word that falls so easy out of your mouth - and know that it all moves because he moved first. He opened his mouth and said Let there be. And so light and creatures and new life came and filled up the whole earth, the earth that is because he said so.

That means we breathe in air and breathe out worship.

Read the full (beautiful!) post at chatting at the sky...

No comments: