Thursday, October 22, 2009

Etsy Love

Have you ever discovered something and wish everyone knew about it? Well, over the past few weeks I have immersed myself into the world of Etsy. I've been a member on it for a while, just to get used to it before I opened my shop. But I had no idea some of the treasures that are to be had as Etsians.

A couple of times this week (and the main reason I haven't blogged much lately) I have been in Virtual Labs, where an expert in a certain field or an Etsy moderator will come in and speak to us via web cam about certain subjects. This week I've been in been Etsy for Newbies (I still consider myself a newbie since I don't know anything) and How to Get Ready for the Holidays (or something similar in title...whatever, you get my point). I have learned SO much and have been able to network with a several other shop owners that have products that I have been needing or wanting.

Speaking of wanting...I just have to show you a couple of Etsy shops. This one might be my absolute favorite. Being the bird nerd I am, when I saw these bitty birds, I'm sure I squealed. Take a look at Leanne's shop, Got Crow Creations. Even if you don't love birds, you will still think these are the cutest things ever. E.V.E.R.

And speaking of birds, I have hinted hinted winked winked at my husband for this beauty since I first saw it. Check out the rest of For the Love of All Things Creative and see if you don't find something that you hint hint wink wink for.

Sorry for no pics...I didn't ask permission from the Etsy shops to use their images, and I wouldn't want someone using mine without my permission, even if it is to advertise for me! But please click on over...you'll be glad you did!

What's the point of this post? I guess to let you know that there is so much to love on Etsy. I'm just now realizing it's more than just a place to open a shop. It's a real community of crafters and artisans who have a passion for what they do. That passion spills over onto others and makes them (including me) want to make their shop the most productive it can be and to sell the most excellent products they can make.

I hope you find something you love, and/or something you'd love to give this year. Much of the reason Etsians do what they do is to supplement their family's income (HELLO it's the reason why I'm doing it! Well, that and my tassels are just so dang pretty. hee hee), so see if you can find something that will make the perfect gift. Most of the shops I've been to will do a custom order, all you have to do is ask.

Now get on over there and look around!

(And I wouldn't mind if you stopped by my place, too! : ) )


6 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I have found so many Etsy shops these past several months. So many creative people! I love going on and just typing in a search for something and see what comes up.

Darlene said...

Those sound like great shops, thanks for sharing, I'll have to check them out. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.♥

Bernie said...

I love Etsy as well. I just don't have a lot of time to look around and shop on Etsy. But I plan to do this for the holidays. Thanks for your great post.

Warmly,

Bernie

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

I love it when people link to great shops on Etsy...saves me so much time and I am always pleased with the creativity I find at the other end of the link!!!

Thanks for sharing some Etsy love!

Jackie @ Lilolu said...

I recently discovered Etsy too. I love the vintage half aprons they have.

Unknown said...

Im off to check it out~ Thanks girlie!