Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Well, I was PLANNING on going...

Warning: this post is not full of my normal cheerfulness and optimism (normal for my blog anyway...I never claimed to be cheerful and optimistic, did I?)...you have been warned.....

Have you heard about Blissdom '10? I was all excited about it. I was really excited about the hotel. I mean, I've loved the Opryland Hotel for ages and ages. It's unbelievable. Un-stinkin' believable. And we were going to get a great group rate of $125. The excitement built.

Then, I read how much it was going to cost. Um, what happened to our $100 cost last year? I mean, I didn't go to the conference, but I do remember the early bird price was $100, and the day-of-the-conference price was still only $150.

So, with sadness, I have to say that my plans are changed. I can't justify spending almost $400 (and that's just for lodging and conference...doesn't include food!), even if it will be an absolutely amazing conference.

For those of you who are going, I will miss you. Maybe Kat and I will come stalk you again.



I'm saving my pennies for Relevant. I guess that's the Lord's way of showing me that it was foolish to try to fit both conferences into my crazy schedule.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, if you change your mind, I'm only about 45 min from the hotel. I'll put you up for free!

Sarah Mae said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Bernie said...

That is a bummer about the price increase. I had to make a similar decision about a photography class that I wanted to take recently. I just can't justify those rate increases lately.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

Warmly,

Bernie

Teri Lynne Underwood said...

I'll be at RELEVANT!!!! Yay!!

Its So Very Cheri said...

I'm so sorry you won't be able to go-what a Bummer. don't they know we're in a recession.

cheri