Monday, October 26, 2009

To those wonderful, fantabulous, extraordinary people who follow me...

I have a dreaded disease. The malady that no blogger wants. At the beginning, it's all sugar and spice and "nothing will stop me"s. But today I have to confess...

I have Blogger's Block.

When I think about writing something, it falls flat. You really don't want to hear about my sewer line backing into our house over the weekend. Or about my husband's current migraine. Or the fact that I have so much laundry to do I wish I could just throw it all away and buy some more.

So, what's a good blogger to do? Get on Facebook and play Bejeweled Blitz 2. My record is up to over 225,000!

Oooh, sorry. I would like to know, what makes you want to read Butterfly Genes? If you are one of the people who follow me or subscribe to my posts, what made you decide to sign up? I'd love to hear from each of you! Get me out of this slump!




9 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You could always fall back on the tassels! : ) Any finds? Decorating or craft projects? Something you've seen recently that struck you?

Teri Lynne Underwood said...

Okay, I totally wanna hear about your sewage woes ... with pics, of course! I've been sorta stuck too ... I have a lot going on right now ... so I asked a few friends to write guest posts ... keeping my blog going and giving me some breathing room which I guess I didn't realize how much I needed.

Oh and I started reading your blog because I lurve me some southern girl talkin' and you always make me smile!!

Anonymous said...

I read because I love you. And I am totally in the same boat. That is so why my posts are few. And why I have been wasting precious time on Facebook. So, do you like the new Bejeweled set up? The voice guy is better but I almost feel like I'm cheating when I get 45,000 extra points at the end. Oh well... So is life..

Sarah Mae said...

I don't care what you write about, you always make me laugh.

{start bobbing your head}
Please don't go...please don't go...

Cheffie-Mom said...

Hi, I'm Debbie. The name of your blog caught my attention - love it! I hope your bloggers block is cured soon!! LOL!! enJOY your day!!

CarlynB said...

I read your blog because I'm your sister and I love you. I also need to know about your sewer problems, Dear Bro-in-law's headache, what my genius nephew is up to, and whatever else is going on in Heathaleeland. So, just write some stuff already!

Love you,
Sister

Kat said...

I check your blog daily. No mattah. That's the kind of friend I am :)

Bernie said...

I love your blog because it is fun to read. I makes me smile. I am sorry that your husband has migraines. I totally know how difficult that can be.

I had this post flagged to comment the other day and then the time just slipped away so I apologize for the delay.

Warmly,

Bernie

Bonnie said...

I understand the blog maladies... it's cyclical, I believe. Depends on what is going on. An unsolicited piece of advice... don't write for everyone else, write for you. And yes, talk about your sewer backing up into your house. It's life and you'll realize just how many giggles you can get out of stuff like that when you start to put it down. I never thought having to replace a drainfield would be funny but lo & behold...I COULD laugh about it...

Here's hoping you don't get too discouraged and keep writing. A dip, two dips...I don't care. I'll keep checking in on you, reading up on you and on occasion, tripping over myself to get to a tassel I hadn't seen before... :)

Blessings!