Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Recording

Oh. My. Word. What can I say about Saturday night? We recorded a live CD with our Worship Team and it was just amazing. Since it was a concert setting, we had a sanctuary full of people, and our pastor felt the Lord prompting his heart to give an invitation. He had not planned on it at first, but really felt like it was what the Lord wanted him to do.

How amazing it was to find out today that nine people came to know Christ last night. Nine! All because we were recording a CD. Now, don't get me wrong. It was a worship service, to be sure. We wanted people to come to know Him. We wanted to draw others to Him. We lifted His Name high! Instead of it being "just" a recording, I guess Jesus had other plans.

Pictures and more stories to come, including one about a very important piece of technical equipment falling into...well, I'll tell you more about it soon!

9 comments:

Rachel's Journal Pages said...

Would love to see some pictures. I loved a picture that you had of your church ages ago for MyHusRocks - I love seeing other's spiritual homes.

Kimba said...

I'd love to see some pictures! How about hearing the cd too?

Anonymous said...

You have been in my thoughts all weekend. What a blessing that your talents and those of the worship team played a part in leading others to Christ. I am so glad to hear that the recording went well. That is so exciting!! Scott's latest project is wrapping up. Once it is produced, I'll send you a copy.

-- Brandi

Anonymous said...

Praise God! What a awesome cd that will be... Hope nothing happened to that great soundman... hehe

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the photos and hear more stories!!

Unknown said...

wow! hey! that's incredible! congrats! i can't wait to see pics and hear y'all!

and we're doing a swap on The Pink Potpourri, so be sure to swing by and sign up for the fun!

katylinvw said...

wow!!! God is so good! amazing! can't wait to see pics and hear the fabulous music! (hint, hint!)

Trixi said...

I think I would love your church!!!

Tracy P. said...

This is so cool! I looked at your profile and saw that you're an alto--me too, and while I'm singing on the praise team, my husband is also running sound. (I love that I have to tell him to turn me down sometimes.) Anyway, thanks for coming to the state fair with me. I hope your CD continues to have a powerful impact on people's hearts and lives.