Saturday, August 1, 2009

Rest for the Weary


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11: 28-30

I am ready for some soul rest. The past week has been soul-wearying. Even with Kiddo at camp, Momma was still in the hospital. She's here at home with me now, so we're both getting more physical rest, but I need the soul rest only the Savior can give.

This song by Kari Jobe never, ever ceases to bring peace to my soul, whether I'm listening to it or singing it. It comes straight from the Word. If you need some rest for your soul, or if you just want to usher in some peace, listen.






2 comments:

Teri Lynne Underwood said...

So glad you stopped by my blog tonight! Glad to know your mom is out of the hospital ... spent a few days there myself with DD week before last. SO exhausting. I've missed you!! :-)

Unknown said...

So beautiful! I needed this:) Might just have to find this cd:)