Monday, November 22, 2010

Living out Romans 10:14



But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him?
And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him?
And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?

Romans 10:14, NLT

I have a cousin. Well, actually, I have several cousins. Lots, actually. They make me laugh. No, they make me spew sweet tea or diet coke or whatever I happen to have in my mouth at the precise moment they say something like "Not chicken soup! Tuna soup! Tuna fish salad!" (Don't even bother trying to get that...it's a Smith cousin thing....) It's all I can do not to choke.

But I digress. This cousin, Jessica, happens to feel the call of God on her life. She has such an interesting vision...such passion for what she does and the field she works in...well, I'll let her tell you...


"Jesus communicated his love, his forgiveness, and his relationship to us in story, in parables. He believes greatly in the power of the story and so do I. As a filmmaker specializing in both short and feature narrative fiction, I tell stories to help people see God, the relationship He wants, and what He offers in this life. I may not sound like a typical missionary, but I absolutely want to share the love, hope, and redemption in Christ -- through the power of a well told story.

But I need your help."

Please click over and read about her internship with Broken Phonebooth Productions, an organization under the umbrella of Campus Crusade for Christ (for lack of a better phrase...Jess will probably correct me) and The JESUS Film Project.

And, if you're felt led to give, that will be just one more step closer to Jessica's goal...to get down there and get to work.



No comments: