Friday, March 26, 2010

Grateful

For those of you who gave such encouraging words on my last post, I am so grateful. When I wrote that, I was in the beginning stages of some relationship drama that is not going away any time soon. I was so angry that I only had two options: to throw a heck of a temper tantrum (which I sort of did on the phone to my precious, patient husband), or to turn to God's Word and beg His help.

I don't have to beg for His help, though. He readily gives it. Not only does He give it to me through His perfect Word, but He also gives it to me through my precious family and friends.

My sister (who is also involved in the situation) has already begun the forgiving process and in doing so, teaches me that I must begin. My Sweet Sound Man has shown infinite patience with me and my tantrum throwing. He also reminds me (as many of you did) that not forgiving someone only hurts ME, not the person I am angry with. He has responded with wisdom and patience, and for that I am so very grateful.

My friends who know about the situation, while completely understanding my anger and agree with my position, also admonished me to let go. They know it will be a process, but I will benefit so much more if I do. I thank the Lord for them almost daily, and that's when there is no drama going on!

Choosing to forgive is my only life-giving option. So, do I choose to stay bound in my situation, never to grow in Christ and let the root of bitterness take hold?

No...I choose life. I will forgive.

Above all else, guard your heart,
for it is the wellspring of life.

Proverbs 4:23


2 comments:

Megandvd@Beauty in the Attempt said...

As I already knew...you are such a STRONG woman...you are such a LOVING woman...and you are such a FORGIVING woman.

Hope peace and happiness tickle at your soul tonight.

Cheers~
e

Richella Parham said...

". . . the only life-giving option." Girl, you hit the nail on the head with that. Oh, yes. You're on the right track. And God will take your willingness to forgive and bless it so that it grows into complete forgiveness. Bless you!