Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Busy Week (Last)

I mentioned that my week was really busy in a post or two ago. Now that I have time to fill you in, I'll give you a glimpse of all the fun stuff I did Wednesday and Thursday. It all started Wednesday, which happened to be my Dad's birthday. My sister and nephew came up to take Daddy and my step-mom out to lunch, which was nice.

That evening the boys spent the night in the living room since the Kiddo's bed is only a twin. After showers, teeth brushing, etc, I walked into the living room to see this...



I love to see the boys reading together. What's that, you ask? What are they so studiously reading? Well, let's see...



That would be Batman on the left, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe on the right. Guess whose child is reading Batman. While my nephew reads cultured literature, my son is content with a flying bat person thingie. That's not really fair. He had just finished The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe the night before they came. Why he then chose that particular book is beyond me. He does read far beyond his years or grade, and for that, I am so thankful.


Back to the busyness...Thursday my Mom came up and all of us went to Olive Garden for lunch. So I got to not only visit a while with my sister, but got to eat lunch with my entire family over the course of the two days.



Meanwhile, back at the ranch...oh, wait, I don't live on a ranch...anyway, we found out Tuesday that Kiddo had a make-up game of a make-up game scheduled for the same night that I had committed to something else. I was so torn. Should I back out of my previous commitment, even though we'd had it scheduled for over two months? Or should I go and miss my son's last baseball game of the year? My Sweet and I finally decided that I should do what I had committed to, then high-tail it over to my son's game. So that's what I did. What was my commitment? Well, it involved going here...




And listening to this youth band...




Before standing around doing this...



What in the world are we doing? Well, here's a hint. Can you see what's in front of us?



That would be a microphone. And see the umpires and the baseball players with their caps over their hearts? We're singing the National Anthem at the Memphis Redbirds Game! Our church had been asked to provide a band for the hour before the game as well as an ensemble to sing the Anthem. How cool is that? I'm the last one in red facing the camera. My sweet friend, Carolyn, is signing in front of us. It was really cool. What was even cooler was when we were done, this happened...




Can you see the ump at the far right turning around? That's because he was saying "Nicely done, ladies." Wow. It was so neat to be there. The thing is, that was the second time we'd gotten to do that in the past couple of years. What a privilege.

So,who else was that singing?


Mrs. Virginia, Denise, Stacy, Kim, Tricia, Me, Carolyn

And next time I have a picture made...remind me not to stand next to Carolyn with her tanned skinny self. My complexion rivals the White Witch next to her.

As soon as we finished singing, I was off to another game. On the way, I saw this...


Along with this...

Although the game I was headed to was on a slightly smaller scale than the one at which I had been ...

If you can keep a secret, I'm much more at home at this one.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. I'd much rather be at my kiddo's game.

I bet you guys (ladies) sounded lovely singing!

Lisa

Kat said...

Remind me to get your autograph the next time I see you. Really woman! Does the fame never end! ;)

Anonymous said...

Well, I didn't know that you were a professional singer and all. Looks like you had a great and busy night.

I think you need hot pink highlights in your hair. You could totally rock it, I think.

Oh, and I tried Flylady. I was still overwhelmed in the process it takes so that it will only take me 15 mins a day to get my house in order. And my sink is never shiny clean....

Heathahlee said...

Professional singer...BWAHAHAHAHAAAAA! Ahem, excuse me.

Jess said...

Hey what's wrong with Batman? C'mon.... :) Been thinking about you guys a lot. Want to come visit soon. Just can't tear myself away from my church to get over to yours. :)

Kimba said...

Well looky-doo at you! Aren't you a fancy-pants!

It looks like you had a ball! Pun intended.

Kim

Anonymous said...

So cool about your friend's pink hair. What an awesome tribute to her friend. I pray for comfort for her friend during her treatments. So glad to know that there was such a great outcome for your mom.

-- Brandi

CarlynB said...

Hey Sister, you know we don't read NOTHIN' but "cultured literature" around here!

In fact, during our upcoming vacation our entire family will be exposed to that great literary giant... HANK, the Cowdog.


Love you,

Sister

Anonymous said...

Heathahlee,

You guys sounded fabulous!!!! When you broke into parts....well I was thinkin Whoo Hoo!!!! Being the reserved person that I am, I only thought it.

Loretta