Thursday, June 2, 2011

Words...and Grace.

My heart is so heavy right now. It almost feels like I have a weight on it, it's so heavy. I don't know if it's the Lord's doing or just my desire to shout truth on deaf ears. There are two situations in my life right now where words are needed. The right words. If I use the wrong words, relationships will be shattered.

In one situation, I want to lash out and blame. To say how I've been wronged. And I know that if I do that, whatever friendship is left will be blown away like dandelion fluff from a child's hand.

In the other situation, equally heavy on my heart, I want to scream the truth...to make her listen. But I know from past experience that that will be the end of that relationship. I also know that it is almost a need for me to say something...even though she's made her mind up already. I feel like the Lord is telling me to say...something.

Oh, for His grace. I've already lashed out at Kiddo this morning. How can I expect my mouth to share anything even closely resembling grace. I guess that's where HE comes in.

Lord Jesus, give me Your grace...no...You've already given me Your grace...help me to receive it so that I will extend it to the ones around me.

And in the background I hear my sweet Kiddo singing David Crowder's "SMS (Shine)"....

Shine Your light so all can see it
Lift it up, 'cause the whole world needs it
Love has come, what joy to hear it
He has overcome
He has overcome


6 comments:

TK said...

HeathahLee, I am not near by to come and give you a hug BUT what I can do is pray for God to be at your side, right next to you and that He will instill in you the peace and the right thing/s to say and do.....praying now dear one, TK xx

Amanda said...

Oh, I am praying He will just speak for you. Those are tough, tough situations, but not a surprise to Him. Luke 21:15
Amanda

Grateful Grammy said...

Dear One, I am praying for you and all involved.... just want you to be affirmed today.

Jessica Heights said...

I'm sending you a great big hug...and a prayer that the Holy Spirit will guide you!

Dawn said...

xoxo

plus
prayers

feel His grace!

Agda said...

Hi Heath
Beautiful words... They came to my heart! I feel same as you wrote...
I am learning and trying about the Lord and his power, his grace and everything He can do for me. I need his Grace to. I need have him in my life to help me, to support me. To teach me forgive...and starting a new life.