Saturday, October 1, 2011

31 Days of Worship


I've wondered how I was supposed to begin this series. A video of a great song? The lyrics to a beautiful hymn? I finally decided on...a question.

What is worship?

I asked that on Twitter and I loved the responses:
  • @brainintrainin says "Worship is 'like date night with God.'" (LOVE that!)
  • @southernqueenb says "Having a conversation with God and knowing he has (a) plan for me!"
  • @sarahronk says "Worship is... meditative."
  • @CassieCreddle says "Worship is, being totally consumed and focused on our awesome God. A release of my true affections."
I love these! And you know what...they're right! Not that I know what the "right" answer to the question is. The purpose of this 31 day series is actually for me to learn more about worship myself, and take you on the journey if you'd like to come.

The series will hopefully go something like this:

The first week, I'll ask questions...what is worship? Who worships? Why worship?

Weekends will be short and sweet posts of some of my favorite worship songs and Scriptures.

I'll also have guest posts by worship leaders and friends who help lead worship at their churches. This, I'm especially excited about.

And the last week will be fun. I would be neglecting my ministry duties if I didn't tell you how we prepare for our worship services. I *hope* to have a video of our worship team weekends, which will more than likely be more entertaining than educational. I'll also give some resources that we use to help organize things.

So, even if I don't get a single person to read any of these posts, I'm looking forward to writing them. Because I, a worship leader myself, need a refresher course.

Come along with me?

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Sounds like a great plan for your 31 days. I'm doing 31 Days of Orange. Please stop by!

Tonya @ Love of Family And Home said...

Sounds like a great topic!! Can't wait to hear more!